I love my new blog and website. But like I’ve said before, a house is not a home until it has a history. And apparently my blog doesn’t feel like home until it has a history, too. The new design is so light and bright and airy… I feel like I have to tell you a few secrets just to muss up the sparkly, new exterior. To make it feel more real.
So, like ripping off a bandaid, we’re going to get this over with all at once! Some confessions for your weekend reading enjoyment:
- Some of you already know this, but I bite my fingernails. It’s disgusting, I know. But my nails are chewed to the quick right now. I blame my husband’s lengthy absence.
- Back in the day, I was a big fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer–the TV show, not the movie. I can’t believe I just wrote that. But it’s true! Please don’t hate me.
- I know all the words to the song “Mandy” by Barry Manilow. For this, I thank my mother (and an old school LP).
- I’ve never had braces, but when I was a kid I had a big space between my front teeth. The dentist filled it in with enamel. So I suppose I have two half-fake teeth.
- I fight it hard, but I’m a junk food junkie. Doritos make me swoon, I can’t walk past the candy bar display in the grocery store without drooling, and I crave deep-fried cheeseballs. Mmmm…
- I shaved my legs once while Aaron was in Liberia. It’s cold here–what’s the point?
- I’m a tiny bit OCD about washing my hands. They are so dry, cracked, and ugly, if you saw them without seeing the rest of me, you’d think I was 60.
- I sing in the shower. Doesn’t everyone?
Whew. I’m so glad we got that over with. Now I can get on with my weekend.
Your turn: Pony up, people! I just admitted that I sing along to Barry Manilow for pity’s sake. Come on, get it off your chest. You know you want to. You’ll feel better if you do. 🙂